Take a deep breath and exhale slowly. Allow your shoulders to drop, relax your body and your face, it's time to take a few minutes for yourself.
Apply 3-5 drops of your favourite facial oil or moisturizer to cleansed skin.
- Using the forked edge, start at the base of the back of your neck and move the gua sha slowly upwards to your hairline, complete the movement with a slight wiggle when you reach your hairline. The pressure should be light to medium. Repeat 5 times
- Using the long side of the Glow Up Gua Sha starting at your collar bone and slowly scrape the gua sha upwards along your neck until you reach your jawline. Repeat 5 times and continue the same exercise along the middle and the other side of your neck.
- Starting at the middle of your chin, using the L shaped side slowly scrape outward towards your ear lobes. Complete the movement with a slight wiggle for maximum lymphatic drainage when you reach you reach the end. Repeat 5 times.
- Using the long end of the Glow Up Gua Sha scrape the tool from the side of your mouth to the side and upwards towards your temple, once again completing the movement with a slight wiggle when you reach your temple. Repeat 5 times.
- Repeat the same exercise from the side of your nose upwards towards your temple completing the movement with a slight wiggle. Repeat 5 times.
- Using the forked edge, place the Glow Up Gua Sha above the bridge of your nose between your eyes ad scrape upwards over your forehead stopping at your hairline. Complete the movement with a slight wiggle, repeat 5 times.
- Bring the long edge to the middle of your forehead, and glide across your forehead and eyebrows outwards to the edge of your face, complete the movement with a slight wiggle. Repeat 5 times.
- Repeat steps 4 - 8 on the other side of your face.
- Gently glide the forked edge of the Glow Up Gua Sha order your eyes and orbital bone. Glide from the next to your nose outwards and upwards to your temple and hairline. Complete the movement with a slight wiggle and repeat the exercise 5 times. Complete the same exercise on the other side of your face.
- Using the long edge of the Glow Up Gua Sha, starting from below your ear, glide the tool downwards to your collarbone to help drain and lymph that has accumulated, complete the movement with a slight wiggle when you reach the collarbone. Repeat 5 times on both sides of the neck
Use light to medium pressure when using the Glow Up gua sha. The purpose is not to injure yourself. Some slight redness may occur which is temporary. If you have sensitive skin it is important to only use light pressure when using facial tools.
It is important to apply enough facial oil or moisturizer prior to beginning your gua sha facial massage as the gua sha should glide along your skin. There should be no tugging of the skin as you use the Glow Up gua sha.
For added relaxation and to help your facial oil absorb further into the skin, we recommend running your Glow Up Gua Sha under warm tap water (not too hot as you do not want to burn yourself) prior to use. Be sure to dry the tool before completing the Glow Up facial exercises listed above.
Using the comb side instead of the flat long side of the Glow Up Gua Sha will help to deepen and enhance your gua sha ritual
When completing the Glow Up Gua Sha exercises listed above, hold the tool at a 15 degree angle to your skin.
To help relieve jaw tightness, slightly increase pressure while completing step 4 (above) and repeat up to 10 times on each side